First Congregational Church of Western Springs | Western Springs, IL
In spring of 2012, USHG began assisting the facility with the materials for recreation of the original sanctuary east and west elevation Gothic arch stone window mullions. These mullions will be returned to their original configuration based upon the historic drawings and historic photographs. This is one reason historic conservation expertise is so important in these projects.
Past projects at the facility include statue conservation and replication at the rectory south entrance, stone repair on the sanctuary and rectory, parapet repair, cleaning, and extensive mortar repointing. USHG in conjunction with Marion, Inc. executed a facility Condition Assessment in 2010 in order to access current masonry conditions, identify maintenance priorities, and generate opinions of cost.
US Heritage Products
- Material Testing & Matching
- Education and Training
- Custom Solutions
- Heritage Pure Lime Putty
- Heritage Prepared Lime Putty Mortar – Type L
- Heritage Hydraulic Lime Mortar NHL 3.5
- Heritage Restoration Mortar Type N
Plaster & Stucco
Heritage Hydraulic Lime Stucco-Plaster NHL 3.5
Stone & Terra Cotta
- Heritage HL60 Limestone Repair Mortar
- Heritage HS60 Natural Sandstone Repair Mortar
- Heritage TB15 Terra Cotta Brick Repair Mortar
- Heritage GB15 Granite & Bluestone
- Heritage MT15 Marble Travertine Repair Mortar
- Dispersed Hydrated Lime Injection Mortar
- Heritage IG10 Injection Grout
Contact us with any questions. Also, visit our sister company Marion Restoration for additional information on historic restoration and preservation.