Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church
Location: Selma, Alabama
Project Architect: The firm of Richard Upjohn and Richard M. Upjohn
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is an historic red brick Gothic Revival church located at 210 Lauderdale Street in Selma, Dallas County, Alabama, United States. The parish was established in 1838 and its original sanctuary building was burned on April 2, 1865 during the Battle of Selma, with credit for that act going to Union General James H. Wilson. The current building was designed by the famous New York City architectural firm of Richard Upjohn and was completed in 1875.
The interior features several Tiffany stained glass windows designed by parishioner and Selma native, Clara Weaver Parrish, who was a noted artist who worked for Tiffany Studios in New York.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places on March 25, 1975.